Da Musically Inclined Bomb

DePauw University's First Year Seminar on Writing about Music

Thursday, September 21, 2006

This is how I write creatively on music...

It's a poem!

sing me

sing me lips to
warmer memory: sing
me breath ;for waking in,to light
sing me every broken (
oncewas goneby )sing
me tears too clear for
twice around again

sing me sweet above or sweeter
(majesties) beneath sing me
lust or anger .mourning life in frag
ments of the mirror;

sing me skies transcending
,blue sing me rain in tandem tremors -
joy unraveled) sing

me truth as final: when the
smiles die & rend the stars from

lip to lip to me in breath of
you. sing me only yes
of half a prayer falling
grace against the

silence ;sing me music i
am yours (

---

Didja like it?? (Seriously... I kind of really like poetry and if you like this I have more I'd love you to read.) Click here to read more of my stuff (yes, I'm abstractelysium). I like feedback. =)

Thanks!

---Edit---

Just to clear things up, yes, all grammar and punctuation "mistakes" are intentional - has no one read e. e. cummings? (If not, do so. He decided to reject conventional grammar and punctuation use and thereby gave his style new meaning and depth through its interpretation.) And by the way, I like your comments, but please tell me why you didn't get it - besides just the punctuation.

Thanks again!

10 Comments:

At 9/23/2006 2:43 PM, Blogger Andrew said...

Yeah, I really liked it. It was very creative.

 
At 9/24/2006 11:37 AM, Blogger Godfather Outlaw said...

definately creative... i dont understand it, but it sure is creative.

 
At 9/24/2006 12:56 PM, Blogger Becca said...

What don't you understand? What would you do to change this so it was clearer? I'd like to know. Thanks!

 
At 9/24/2006 2:19 PM, Blogger iheart-t-ravs said...

The poem is creative, but it is hard to understand. I think it may be the format-I found it hard to read/follow.

 
At 9/24/2006 2:48 PM, Blogger Nat said...

I have to agree with Mo. I liked what I read but I had trouble following the flow, I think when you copy and pasted this or when you published it the format was lost.

 
At 9/24/2006 7:16 PM, Blogger Kitt_Katt said...

Ok, so what's with the strange punctuation? Um...try using some more profound words.

 
At 9/24/2006 8:37 PM, Blogger Renee said...

katherine... why use profound words? im confused

 
At 9/24/2006 8:38 PM, Blogger Renee said...

i would agree with the above... it was confusing to read... not the content just how it was presented

 
At 9/24/2006 8:58 PM, Blogger Dennis Fuller said...

i like your attempts at creative grammar and spacing. at points i found a litttle forced, but the idea was brought across. kudos.

 
At 9/24/2006 9:44 PM, Blogger Vera Lynn Waters said...

it's very unique. it definately shows a sense of style. i actually like the idea of the whole thing. and to be honest i think it sounds more like a song, like a lullaby, than a poem. nice.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home