Da Musically Inclined Bomb

DePauw University's First Year Seminar on Writing about Music

Sunday, October 22, 2006

textbooks... blah

Well hello classmates! The end of our break is here! Ahh! Anywho... onto the blog!

Considering I have two textbooks this semester.... I suppose I'll talk about theory and musicianship.

Theory... I've only looked at one page... page 47. The page with the key signatures. That one page has indeed come in handy so I'm just going to assume the rest of the book is the same. Sorry this is short... but one page is the truth!

Musicianship... a completely different story! I probably know our musicianship book very well (doesn't mean i know the material, mind you.) Actually, the reason I know the book so well is because I hate the way it's set up. I feel like I spend more time flipping through pages looking for the assignments than I should. And then, when I do finally find the assignment, if I have a question about the material... I have to spend another ten minutes flipping through pages looking for an explanation of my problems.

So... I like theory... hate musicianship... that be it!

6 Comments:

At 10/22/2006 6:46 PM, Blogger Kitt_Katt said...

I'm the same way about the book.

 
At 10/22/2006 8:04 PM, Blogger Nat said...

It's funny, I've never used our musicianship book as a resource. I always transfer what I learn in theory over to musicianship and it has seemed to work so far.

 
At 10/22/2006 8:55 PM, Blogger Godfather Outlaw said...

tell us how you really feel Renee!

 
At 10/22/2006 9:12 PM, Blogger iheart-t-ravs said...

I totally agree!

 
At 10/22/2006 10:46 PM, Blogger Becca said...

Musicianship text = not cool.

 
At 10/22/2006 11:47 PM, Blogger Vera Lynn Waters said...

i've n0t 0nce read 0ur musicianship textb00k 0nce. maybe if i did read it, i'd find it a g00d res0urce but as 0f n0w, i hate it and i refuse t0 read it.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home