Da Musically Inclined Bomb

DePauw University's First Year Seminar on Writing about Music

Sunday, September 24, 2006

Music in that this is creative

music in the country
music in the mountains
music in the cities
where everyone dances
in fountains

music when making icing
music when makin the cake
music at the wedding
before drowning in the lake

music can be morbid
music can be obscene
this scene from the wedding
is not a bad scene

music comes in rock
music comes in rap
everything is music
but the latter is just crap

music in the music
music in the movies
music is always good
except the ones with groupies

rosie o'donnell sang the bell
then oprah sang something
this music wasn't good
because the mountain bells were ringing

getting back to the music
where most of us thrive
you can listen to it anytime
even when you drive

music music music
music everywhere
music in the world
music everywhere.

Now, how do I write musically? Some will think that this rhyme will get tired or whatnot, but writing musically is much like composing music. Certain languages are more musical than others. It isn't too easy to make a writing sound musical, unless one were to write in a sing-songy bounce construction of a work. But I write musically with something that I find to be unique to my thought process. I put these words I have written to music that I often listen to. Despite the abnormality of the poem, no one can really say that it's wrong or boring, because, just like playing music, it is for my enjoyment. And in ways, isn't rhyming musical?

3 Comments:

At 9/24/2006 8:45 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

I like how you showed all of the different uses and types of music.

 
At 9/24/2006 8:46 PM, Blogger Dennis said...

i think you could have done better, mistuh bond.

 
At 9/24/2006 10:46 PM, Blogger Emily Rose said...

I liked the poem and I liked your paragraph at the end. However, the tow seemd strange together. Also, I have to agree, some of the repitition got a little tiresome.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home