Da Musically Inclined Bomb

DePauw University's First Year Seminar on Writing about Music

Sunday, October 08, 2006

music value live me.

nothing compares to live performances. the unique feeling for both the performer and the audience. my favorite part of music is when i am performing. the intensity and 100% focus you have to give, just the energy flowing excites me. its really easy to tell when a performer is or is not "in" the music, and i really love going to shows when the artists are truly engaged in what they are playing. the "dialouge" between the audience and the artist are un-matched. as a performer, i value the audiences responce to piece, and as an audience member i value the artist's responce to the audience. pretty much, everything about a live performance, including the mess ups, is great, and no recording can capture that.

god, i feel like katz.

-DBF

2 Comments:

At 10/08/2006 11:22 PM, Blogger Tommy Good said...

Hey, its cool, katz is the man. I like playin better than watching too... fantastic post.

 
At 10/09/2006 12:00 PM, Blogger Ferdinand_The_Bull_Smells_Flowers said...

I agree, the experience of performing is totally different. I am always much more aware of the specifics of my music when I play for others.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home