Da Musically Inclined Bomb

DePauw University's First Year Seminar on Writing about Music

Sunday, October 22, 2006

TEXT BOOKS TEACH

I guess I'll start off with my Theory book -
Like most of us, I havnt spent more than five minutes in my theory text book. But, in those five minutes, I enjoy how things are set up in the book, and how all the important things are outlined somehow. Up to this point, I haven't had too much of a reason to stick my nose in the book, but I know for sure I will be thumbing through it and studying it in the very near future.
My other text book would be my geology book. I really like how this book is put together. The author does a really great job of explaining key words and concepts to people like me, who have never had geology before. He doesn't expect you to already know things about the subject, unlike lots of other textbooks I have used. The illustrations in this book are very detailed and easy to understand. Overall, If it were'nt for this book, I don't know how I would be getting through this class.

2 Comments:

At 10/22/2006 11:10 PM, Blogger Mistuh Bond said...

I like it when textbooks explain such things like in your geology book.

 
At 10/23/2006 12:03 AM, Blogger Dennis said...

i hate when books write like you already know everything.

pop quiz:
what is erosion?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home